Superior Engineering Hybrid Radius Arms with Drop Box suitable for Nissan Patrol GQ/GU with a 2" inch lift.
Sold as pair.
In the standard Nissan radius arm design, the rear pin style mounting puts a lot of load on the mushroom bushes when the arms flex down. This is the main cause for premature failure of the bushes.
The difference between the Superior Hybrid Radius Arms and the standard Nissan radius arm is the use of a Toyota style rear bush. This change enables increased life from the rear bush when flexing the arms up off-road by allowing the radius arm to flex down without the binding found in the pin style design.
Please note radius arms provided offer 1” inch lift more of castor correction than equivalent product listings shown on the Superior Engineering website. Feel free to contact us for more information.
- Manufactured from high tensile Bisalloy 80/Strenx700 Plate
- High tensile bush eyes
- 32mm main beam thickness for maximum strength
- Rubber bushes pre-fitted into arms
- Laser-cut to precise measurement and caster location
- Superior mounting drop boxes are a straight bolt-in design requiring no cutting
- Pre-drilled for ABS brake lines and an 85mm swaybar saddle (see Fitment)
- Factory swaybar will fit to allow safe on-road handling (see Fitment)
- Factory ABS lines will bolt-on (see Fitment)
- Sandblasted with rust prevention applied
- Powder-coated for maximum durability and finish
- Sway bar adapter plate bracket and bolts have an SA5 Zinc coating for rust prevention
- Allows vehicle to track correctly on the road due to correct caster
- Maximum clearance between the tie rod and the radius arms
- Fitting instructions included
- Australian made.
- All Superior Radius Arms for the Nissan GQ/GU models come with:
- Pre-drilled sway bar mounting holes at 85mm centres. If you have the earlier 70mm centre sway bar saddles, we have sway bar bush and saddle options available to suit the arms.
- Pre-drilled ABS line routing holes and ABS line clips and hardware to suit.
- Please check ABS sensor lines (if fitted) are free to move through the full range of travel.
- Factory bump stops may need to be extended depending on the coils and shock combination used.
- Due to the vast variances in weights and heights of vehicles and suspension combinations, Superior recommend you move your suspension in the full range of the shock absorber compression/rebound travel and consider coil bind. Also, check all areas for clearance issues.
Some vehicle modifications require LVVTA Certification. The following products may require LVVTA Certification when fitted:
- Adjustable Drag links and Drop drag links
- Adjustable Front Struts
- Adjustable Panhard rods
- Adjustable Rear lower control arms
- Adjustable Rear upper control arms
- Adjustable Tie rods
- Adjustable Torque arms
- Diff drops
- Extended shackles
- Radius arms (in most instances)
- Upper control arms (UCA’s)
This information is a guide only, and we recommend you contact your local certifier in all cases where certification may be required.
Rubber bush warranty
- Where possible, Superior Engineering uses genuine Original Equipment (OE) bushes in suspension components. However, if genuine OE bushes cannot be sourced from Australian suppliers for any reasonable circumstance, they endeavour to supply Superior Engineering bushes of equivalent quality.
- Vehicle manufacturers such as Nissan Australia and Toyota Australia’s warranty policy states ‘that no bush will be covered under warranty when installed in an ‘aftermarket’ suspension component or fitted in any ‘lifted’ vehicle.’
- Superior Engineering provides a three-month warranty on Genuine OE bushes, and Superior Engineering Rubber Bushes supplied and fitted to Superior Engineering manufactured suspension components such as radius arms, panhards and rear control arms. Superior Engineering rubber bushes are 100% Australian made and have proven to outlast Genuine OE bushes after years of testing.
- Superior Engineering products may be supplied with either style bushes, depending on manufacturers' availability and may vary across batches. The Warranties are applicable to all associated components and will be valid from the date of initial purchase. The warranty applies to bush failure from manufacturing defects. However, it does not cover abuse or over-flexing of rubber bushes outside what would be considered common use.